Writer @ WiPjobs Recruitment
Top 7 rules: how to write a cover letter for a language job
above image credit to Ling Languages https://ling-app.com/
A cover letter for a language job
A cover letter is a big stone to the first impression you make. Thus, its significance is undoubted. However, it is important to understand the rules how to really create an impressive cover letter in order to present your best qualities. Today, we would like to discuss the basic rules and to accentuate one’s language skills. Let’s write a cover letter for a language job!
- Before starting to write a cover letter for a language job, think of what the possible employer is expecting from you and how you can make these expectations come true. Make a list of the skills that you are truly proud of.
- Remember to have a great opening sentence. Not only say where you saw the job offer but most importantly, WHY the job offer caught your eye.
- Tailor your sentences in a way that sounds professional but is easy to read and understand.
- The skills part is very important. Highlight your best qualities that you got while studying, volunteering or working. Definitely, give examples.
- If it really is a cover letter for a language job, the job where linguistic skills are a must: highlight your fluency level, years of studying and where you got a chance to improve your excellence in a particular language.
- Remember to praise yourself a little bit!
- Lastly, keep in mind that it is very important to fit your cover letter for a language job into 1 page. Nobody wants to read a novel about someone’s qualities and sincerely, nobody has time to. So keep it short instead!
Have these rules in mind and build a cover letter that will help you get the job you want. Just be creative, active and professional in this process!